Car Diagnostic Tools
Over the decades, the most beneficial and relevant development for car mechanics and car drivers was the computerization of car components. A car diagnostic tool ( also called an OBD scanner) is, as the name suggests, is a diagnostic scanner for your car that can accurately and speedily pinpoint areas of trouble.
It relies on the systems of computerized processes that connect with the system microchips, processor and sensors of your car.
They indicate issues like:
- Fuel Systems
- Build-up level in engine
- Engine Misfires
- Position of camshaft and crankshaft
- Problem relating to ignition timing
- Emissions Control Systems
- Fuel injector’s performance
- Vehicle/Speed Idling Controls
- Throttle opening issue
- RPM levels of the engine
- Computer Systems
- Ignition coils and its firing
- Transmission Systems
- Coolant and air temperature
- Others related to vehicle body & chassis etc such as Seat-belt, Airbags etc.
Benefits of Auto Diagnostic Tools
- Easy identification of issues related to performance of the car in advance.
- Helps to analyze various other indicators and sections of the car
- Before doing any replacement and repair, diagnostic tools help us to investigate further and deeper into the root problems.
- signals about the potential issues which may cause performance problem in future
- dig out further history about your car to gain better understanding on the car performance issues.
- The main benefit of diagnostic testing is that it can do a speedy and precise identification of issues, ensuring that the car repair times are greatly reduced.
- Provides mechanics a complete picture about malfunction and parameters
- Peace of mind for the vehicle owner that the car will not behave unusually in between journeys or on a lonely road.
Earlier car diagnostics were expensive and time-consuming but now it has become more accessible. Typically, one would opt for an extensive diagnostic test at the car service station after any breakdown or getting some signals on malfunction of the car. We would recommend going to the mechanic regularly because :
- Car maintenance is a complex issue. It requires an in-depth and extensive understanding of automobile maintenance. The diagnostic equipment in the workshop is often more effective and more errors can be detected.
- Mechanics and technicians who are highly skilled and qualified to identify what tests are needed as well as interpret the results in structured and scientific manner.
- Even if your car does not have any error codes, visit the nearest car service station and do an error analysis at regular intervals.
- If your error codes show any irregularity, that can be resolved and further investigated with the help of a great mechanic.
For a reliable, good quality diagnostic check up for your car, be sure to visit your nearest Redfox garage in Abudhabi or Ras Al Khaima. At Redfox, our diagnostic tests are carried out by qualified experts, so you can be assured your vehicle is in competent hands when you bring it to us for car repairs. With the latest diagnostic equipment and advanced paint booths, your car is in experienced hands. We undertake preventive maintenance to protect your car from all kinds of damages. To book, visit our website, or contact us via Instagram/Facebook at @redfox.ae.